The forced-air furnaces that Mehl Mechanical typically services are gas. Although there are a few propane furnaces we see from time-to-time. These gas-forced air furnaces are efficient and reliable, which is why they are commonly installed in homes today. The gas furnace will collect the cool air throughout the house through the return ducts, pass the cooler air through the furnace, heating the cold air, and pushing the heated air through the vents and into the rooms of the house. Here are a few reason why forced air gas furnaces are advantageous:
- Reliability of the system – The equipment have a history of reliability and a long, problem-free life span. You should gain years of reliable heating with these systems, particularly if you schedule maintenance of these systems on a regular basis. You can do it yourself, or call us at Mehl Mechanical to handle routine maintenance of your furnace
- Savings – The upfront investment isn’t small, but the efficiency and longevity of the systems will quickly make your investment worthwhile. These systems are typically the most affordable solutions for your home.
- Reliability – Again, the longevity, with proper routine maintenance allow these effective and efficient machines to produce consistent heat over time with fewer repairs.
- Quick Heating– You will likely find that the system heats up the home quicker than other heating systems due to the automation and the response time of gas vs. electricity.
- Standards – The modern systems utilize safety controls and measures to reduce the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning. These safety features will block toxic fumes and other related gases before they get into the venting systems. Filters also help reduce pollen and allergy-related elements from entering the living space
There are a couple of disadvantages with forced-air gas furnaces including noise, but at Mehl Mechanical we believe that these furnaces, when properly maintained, will be the most efficient and cost effective heating solution for your home.